Friday 26 January 2018

I have no reason to believe that anything I have posted is untrue, but anyone who disagrees has the right of reply and should use it

(Post made at 1905 UK time on 26 Jan 2018 in a personal capacity.  Please see here for important background and disclosure of interests).

A reminder that anyone who disputes the accuracy of any of my statements in any of the blog posts is free to explain why/add corrections in the comments. (Please see the Terms of Use on this page. In the 13 months since creating this blog, I have not had occasion to remove any comments).

If any statement can be demonstrated to be untrue I will gladly correct it . Indeed I have a professional obligation to do so, just as I have a professional obligation to speak out as I have done about actions which I believe are unethical, improper or unlawful.

Resorting to legal threats or making complaints is over the top and unnecessary. If anyone has evidence that any of the statements I have made is incorrect, the normal (and simplest) remedy is to simply produce that evidence.  (Indeed, making threats without having any such evidence would be an abuse of process in my view, and unlikely to succeed, since I have taken great care that all my statements of fact are evidence-based.)



1 comment:

  1. (Comment made 1058 UK time on 06 Mar 2018 in a personal capacity).

    And so it has proved, as was bound to happen given the written evidence I hold to support all my comments.

    ReplyDelete